Saturday, December 6, 2008

. . . I am simply telling the Truth . . .

. . . I am simply telling the Truth, so if you wish to love me, well and good, but you do not have to love me, if you do not wish to do so. If you wish to praise me, well and good, but you may also blame me, if you so wish.As Allah has said :Say: “O mankind, the truth has come to you from your Lord.” (10:108)So, if there is anyone who wishes to believe, let him believe, and if there is someone who wishes to disbelieve, let him disbelieve. No one will run away from what I have to say, unless he is a hypocrite [munnfiq], an imposter [dajjal], a heretical innovator [bid’i], someone who readily complies with his own lower self [nafs], someone who is motivated by his whims and passions [hawa], someone who readily complies with his own lower self [nafs], someone who is at variance with the Book of Allah and the Sunna of His Messenger, someone who is a hater of the truth and a lover of falsehood, someone whose heart takes no steps in the direction of closeness to his Master [Mawla]. . . .

Taken from “The Fortieth Discourse”, given in the year A.H.546/1152 C.E.by Sheik' Abd Al-Qadir Al-Jilani, of the book titled, “The Removal of Cares (Jala Al-Khawatir).

No comments: